Roanoke Valley Trout Unlimited is holding a Social Gathering from 5:00pm to 7:00pm on Wednesday March 16, 2022 at the DAV located at 2381 Roanoke Blvd, Salem, VA., between the VA Hospital and Peters Creek Rd.
This will be a time to mingle with members and meet new members, new friends and share fishing stories. The DAV has agreed to allow us to use their restaurant for our meeting for a small donation. So come on out and bring your spouse, a friend or fishing buddy and have a sandwich and/or beverage of your choice.
Trout Unlimited Roanoke Chapter March 2022 (unofficial) Meeting
President: Camper Wilson
Vice President: open (Scott Sother to be elected/confirmed)
Treasurer: Lewis Smith
Secretary: Jason Walsh
Meeting Date: 3/16/2022
Location: Disabled American Veterans Salem, VA
Current treasury balance: Not updated at this meeting
• We did receive a donation from the Babcock-Wilcox Employee Giving fund at “The end of Quarter 1.” Our chapter received a very generous donation for TIC program $2,499.96> Thank you Babcock-Wilcox!
• We received $8700 reimbursement for TIC from The Virginia Council of TU.
Trout in the Classroom
- This year’s first releases happened on 3/11, 4/8, 4/13 and 4/21. Please see post under current projects for details.
- We may have someone to take over the program for next year, more information to follow.
- Still need volunteers to help even if we have a coordinator
- Scott Sother of Bick Lick Fly Fishing, is willing to serve as our vice president. We will formally elect him at the next meeting he can participate in.
The following positions were elected:
- President – Camper Wilson
Pease join me in welcoming Camper Wilson, our new Roanoke Valley Chapter President! Camper is a long time member, who expressed interest in a leadership role over the past few months. We are excited to have him on board, and excited to resuscitate our chapter post-Covid.
George Kesler, Jon Wilson, Jack Ward and myself have been meeting since early October to recruit new leadership. In addition to Camper, we have two new Board members Ben Garden and Steve Elliott, a new webmaster Jon Wilson and a strong Vice Presidential candidate Scott Souther due to be elected soon. We also have new members interested in helping with Trout In The Classroom. The Virginia Council sent us a generous reimbursement check for our TIC program. You don’t know how timely that was!
Lots of good vibes and momentum here in the Roanoke chapter have us looking forward to future activities.