Roanoke Valley Chapter 308
Moody Student Center, Goodwin Room
April 18, 2018 – 7:00 pm
Welcome: New Members, Visitors, Special Guests
- Dave Hise – Fly Demo (https://www.facebook.com/casters.shop)
- Matt Reilly, college student, outdoor columnist, and fly fishing guide was our featured guest for this evening. He gave a slide show presentation titled, “MAKING A CONSERVATIONIST”.
- Becky Hancock will be talking about dates and the need for volunteers for Camp Alta Mons. Dates now set: July 10, 2018 9 am – 11:45 am
- Patrick Frazier will be establishing a financial committee; this committee will oversee all aspects of getting the funding that our chapter needs to raise in order for our goals to be met on the Catch and Release Project and the Poaching/Trail Camera Project.
- Volunteers will be needed for Kids to Parks Day at Wasena Park.
- Date: Saturday May 19, 2018
- Time: 12pm – 4pm
- Will be casting demos and have a table setup to answer any questions about Trout Unlimited.
- To not forget to sign up for Project Fish Stream and Clean.
- To not forget to use Facebook for fish with a TU Member.
- Hans talked about Trout Stocking at Green Hill and the Spring Cleanup of Green Hill Park.
- Turn out for Iron Fly.
- Vote on doing away with Project Fish Stream and Clean – not enough people signing up.
- To not forget to use Facebook for Fish with a TU Member – this is not being used at all… yet.
Committee / Volunteer Need
- Discussion: Health Fair at Lewis Gale Physicians (Fly Casting Demo and Fly Tying Demo) – June 23, 2018 10 am – 2 pm
- Stream Reports
- Fishing Lies, Door Prizes